Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Fall/ Halloween Decor

October is my absolute favorite month. While I do love the Christmas season and everything that comes with it, I love October because it is the start to fall. The leaves begin to change colors, you can buy candy corn, and it is now finally acceptable to wear boots and scarves. It is incredibly frustrating right now because where I live, it's getting up into the 80s!! Normally the weather isn't this warm for the end on October, and it is a big shock. Here at school, I have already switched out my summer clothes for my fall ones, and picking out something to wear is difficult. Not only that, the air conditioning in my dorm is extremely sensitive, and it has just stopped working in general. So as I sit in my dorm with shorts and a t-shirt on, I can only dream about wearing my boots, scarves, and bundling up in comfy sweaters. While trying to bring some fall spirit into my room, I bought some desk accessories that are helping my mood!


Here, I purchased a small apothecary jar from Hobby Lobby (I think it was somewhere between $10-$15) and filled it with candy corn! It as completely full, but day by day I keep taking a couple pieces to snack on. 


Next, I bought this pumpkin candle holder while I was grocery shopping at Meijer (Between $3-$4). I went over into the pharmacy area to pick up some medicine and at my store, they have their Seasonal Section right by there. So naturally, I wandered over and began looking around. I found this and had to have it. One of my favorite things is to burn candles. But with living in a dorm, burning a candle isn't an option. So luckily, I found this little guy! 


It's a battery operated candle! Perfect, for my dorm room. Although it doesn't offer that same scent and "homeyness" as a real candle, it will do. ($1.99)


I didn't want to go overboard on my Halloween/ fall decor, but I'm happy with what I picked out. It's subtle, but still gives you that seasonal feel. How you decorate for the Halloween/fall season? 

Until next time,
College Girl in Pearls



No comments:

Post a Comment